Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wrong number, bitch

Cynthia, if you're reading this, I'd appreciate it if you refrain from giving my phone number to poor, unsuspecting guys you hope to never speak to again. Thank you.

By the way, my headline is a quote from my freshman year dorm mate, Rob. On a Saturday morning, at roughly 8:30 a.m., the phone rang. Upon discovering that the call was neither for him nor his roommate, Andy, Rob said to the caller, "Wrong number, bitch," and hung up.

Seconds later, the phone rang and when Rob answered, the caller testily said, "This is the United States Army. We deserve a little respect."

It was a classic college moment I shall never forget.

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger jeffro said...

i believe the grammatical rule is "neither, nor" and "either, or" - just remember your elliott smith...

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Good catch. It has been fixed.

I also believe that the grammitical rule is to capitalize the beginning of every sentence.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

capitalization is for suckers.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous David said...

And be sure to pick up a copy of Dan's latest book, Classic College Moments I Shall Never Forget, now available in paperback.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home