Thursday, October 06, 2005

It ain't over...blah blah blah

The Red Sox find themselves down, 2-0, to the Chicago White Sox in the best-of-five American League Division Series. This means Boston will have to win three consecutive games to advance to the American League Championship Series. Two years ago, the Sox did just that in the ALDS against the A's. And who can forget Boston's resurrection after falling behind, 3-0, to the Yankees in last year's ALCS?

So I want to say anything's possible, but this year feels different. First of all, the Red Sox simply don't have the pitching. Two years ago, they had Pedro. Last year, they had Pedro and Curt Schilling. While Schilling is still on Boston's roster, he's not the same pitcher he was a year ago. And this team just doesn't feel as...magical. Don't ask me why. It's just a gut feeling.

I hope I'm wrong, of course. If I'm not, I'll simply pop in the DVD commemorating last year's championship run. That will surely make me feel better.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Greg Pultorak said...

CarpetBagger!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Dan said...

You're so predictable

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Chase Utley said...

what about the fightin' Phils!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home