Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I needed that

At its best, live rock 'n roll possesses a healing power that the best medicine can never hope to attain. With the proper blend of melody, notes, rhythm, and most importantly, attitude and energy, a rock show has the power to cleanse the soul and mend the spirit.

Few bands have a clue how to reach those lofty levels. But one band that does masterfully impress and excite its fans with unrelenting energy is Marah. I saw them perform at T.T. The Bear's in Cambridge on Sunday, and they were, as expected, incredible.

I took some pictures, and while they can't possibly capture the show's vibe, they're still worth seeing.

Lead singer Dave Bielanko

Serge Bielanko wailing away on the harmonica

Dave and Serge share a mic.

Serge takes over lead-singing duties.

Understanding that rock 'n roll is about rebellion, Dave violates Cambridge's smoking ban.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Pete said...

Tremendous!

It's fantastic to see them in such small, intimate settings, and I keep crossing my fingers that they'll add some tour dates west of the Mississippi soon.

(Hopefully not Santa Fe again, though).

I'm sure it was a great show. What was the set list, DA?

I'm working on my review of the new album for medleyville and will post it hopefully later this week. ... I've got a written test for school to get out of the way first, though.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

i heart marah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home