Tuesday, November 02, 2004

It's a beautiful day

It isn't very often that a line of people sends chills down my spine. But it happened this morning. While approaching the Davis Square T station, I saw a long queue of people patiently waiting for an opportunity to perform their civic duty and vote. It altered my plans--I certainly would have been late for work if I voted this morning as I had originally intended.

It was a beautiful. I have often believed that the citizens of this nation simply do not understand that the right to vote is an incredible priviledge. But if that line this morning and the news reports are any kind of indication, I'm dead wrong. When the stakes are high--when passions are inflamed--people will speak.

I voted about two hours ago, and as always, it felt wonderful. There's nothing quite like saying, "You're my servant."

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Randall said...

Indeed it is a beautiful day! Regardless of who you support, seeing democracy in action is always amazing to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home