Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Emotional swing state

One week ago, I was flying high. The Red Sox had won the World Series, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Today, of course, I'm devastated.

Last night, as I lay in bed trying to go to sleep, I felt as though I was sprawled out on the canvass of a boxing ring. It was as though I had battled my way through a 15-round bout, only to get knocked out in the last minute of the fight.

I'm glad it's over. And, to echo my brother, I'm glad Bush won definitively. The American people have spoken, and that must be accepted. I may disagree with their choice, I may think they failed to understand the damage that George W. Bush has caused, I may believe their priorities are questionable--but, again, if I love democracy as much as I say I do, I must accept their decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home