Monday, October 04, 2004

Danny on the M(B)TA

The e-mail I just sent to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority:

You know what I really love? I love when trains don't break down during rush hour. If they broke down at 2 p.m. that would be kind of okay. But I have some news for you. Are you ready?

8:45 a.m. is a really bad time for the train to break down.

And you know what rules? It rules when the trains run frequently enough in the morning so that the cars aren't packed by the time the train reaches Harvard. It's frickin' amazing. But that never seems to happen anymore. Like this morning, at Davis Square, the platform was packed with people. There used to be a time when you could be guaranteed a seat when boarding the train at Davis Square. What happened? Have you decided to run fewer trains? I think you have. And I don't like it.

But I'll tell you what I do like. I like when green line trains are spaced equally apart. Boy do I hate it when I'm wating at Park Street for, like, ever and there are no trains, and then suddenly they arrive one right after the other. It makes me unhappy.

But the best part is that I really liked it when I paid 85 cents for a ride and got better service than when I spend $1.25.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, glad to see the mass transit system is working so great. I guess I'll stay in the suburbs with my SUV. -greg

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dan said...

:-)

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One that I really like is when you and 100 other people have been waiting for the train forever and then one shows up, everybody tries to get in and pushes and stuff and the doors can't close and ONLY THEN comes the announcement from the driver to "clear the doorways, another train is coming right behind". Wouldn't be more useful if the announcement for two trains coming be made when we're waiting at the platform, i.e. BEFORE we get on the train? - pen

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's bad in DC, too: Breakdowns Rising, Delays Worsening on Metro Trains, Buses.

Ridership keeps increasing, though.

-David

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jay said...

And what I really like is when we have to slam on the brakes and come to a stop everytime we go around a curve on Rt 78 in the morning because of sun glare. Buy some damn polarized sunglasses, put down your car's visor and drive dammit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home