Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Bizarro Boston

The Red Sox have taken a commanding 3-0 lead in the World Series.

You read that right. The Red Sox--the team that hasn't won since 1918, the team that is cursed, the team that always finds new ways to lose--are pretty much guaranteed its fifth World Championship.

But, then again, are they? Like I just said, the Red Sox are the Picassos of creating new styles of losing. So if any team is capable of blowing a three-game advantage after coming back from a three-game deficit, it's the Red Sox. That's why I'm really nervous.

Last night, after the last out was recorded, a good friend put it best: "I think I'm gonna throw up."

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Jay said...

"I think I'm gonna throw up"...I've been saying that for weeks. Anyway, I'll shut up now and let Boston fans have their time. God knows they've earned it.
I remember the outbreak of "Now I can die in peace" shirts after the NY Rangers won the cup after what seemed like an incredible drought of 54 years, I can't even imagine what's gonna happen in New England.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Randall said...

blah blah blah. At least you have a team.

I'm just happy we're finally getting a team.

baby steps...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home