Saturday, September 18, 2004

I'm a believer

I'm a fairly religious person. I attended Rosh Hashana services on Thursday, and I'll be spending Yom Kippur with my family. I keep a quasi-form of Kosher (I don't eat pork or shellfish, but I do mix meat and milk). I believe in God.

And I think the Bible, while flawed, teaches us many valuable lessons about life.

This is why I can't vote for John Kerry. Apparently, if elected, democrats will ban the bible. I had no idea. All this time, I've vocally suported Kerry; I even voted for him in 2002. But now that I know he is part of a liberal conspiracy to outlaw the bible, I'll have to reconsider my options for November 2.

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some reason, i thought this would be appropriate for your blog...
http://www.pbase.com/image/21637650

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is a line drawn in America today," one ad says. "On one side are the radicals trying to uproot our traditional values and our culture. They're fighting to hijack the institution of marriage, plotting to legalize partial birth abortion, and working to take God out of the pledge of allegiance and force the worst of Hollywood on the rest of America."

This much is true.

btw, I don't know that paying lip service to God two times a year constitutes being a "believer". If you believe, then you believe that the Bible is the word of God, not a "flawed" book on morality.

Maybe like Kerry, you just don't let your religous beliefs get in the way of how you live your life.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan

Hello Lenape alumni!

Do you REALLY think that the Dems could legally ban the bible--or would even try to at the risk of alienating a large portion of the population, as well as their own followers?

please...give me a break. Be logical.

Aren't all of the problems and lies we've experienced for the last 4 years enough to make you realize that this is just more rnc mudslinging?

Just vote Kerry and help get us out of this enormous political quagmire.

Class of '93

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Dan said...

In episode 35 of The Simpsons, which first aired on July 11, 1991, Homer--in a letter to Mr. Burns--wrote:

Dear Mr. Burns,

I'm so glad you enjoyed my son's blood and your card was just great!

In case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic. You stink! You are a senile buck-toothed old mummy with bony girl arms and you smell like an elephant's butt!


Not that I believe you smell like an elephant's butt, fellow Lenape grad.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Kasey said...

excellent comeback...iwill have to remember that one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home